All schools will be entered into daily prize draws for rewards if over 15% of your school cycle, walk or scoot on each day of the challenge. Prizes up for grabs include accessories and equipment to help your school travel actively.
Days 1, 5, 6 and 10
Our lead sponsor this year is Micro Scooters, the multi award winning brand who have revolutionised the school run to be as we know it today - scooter filled! Micro work tirelessly to promote scooting on the school run as a means of transport that is faster, healthier, greener, safer and most importantly more fun.
They are giving away fantastic prizes to winning schools during the Big Pedal challenge. The prizes are detailed below, and include the latest addition to their range, the Micro Cruiser. A children’s scooter that features big wheels to make the school run even quicker!
Micro Scooters is offering each week of the challenge:
- Seven child scooters to seven schools spread across the UK
- Two scooters to a secondary school
- a hamper of 35 helmets, bottles and bottle holders to one primary school
- a hamper of 35 bells, lights and bags to one primary school
In addition Micro Scooters is giving a family package of scooter accessories to one family and a package of adult and child scooters to another winning family of the Big Pedal family photo competition.
Micro Scooters invented the scooter as we know it today. Their passion for innovation and meticulous attention to detail means you can be secure in the knowledge that their products have been produced to the highest standards.
Days 4 and 9
Inspired by Japanese school bags from the 70s and 80s, the Goodordering bags are highly versatile, practical accessories, perfect for a life on the go.
Goodordering are offering:
- 35 Maroon Handlebar bags
- 35 Bottle bags
Launched in 2012, identifying a gap in the market for colourful, unisex bike bags, Goodordering was born and now provides a range of unique bags.
Frog Bikes make cycling FUN for children with colourful, high quality and lightweight kid’s bikes. Frog Bikes are rewarding one primary school:
- 3 Frog 52 Bikes
Frog Bikes are a family run company specialising in lightweight but strong aluminium frames designed specifically with smaller riders in mind. The Frog range incorporates lighter frames, shorter cranks and easy reach brake levers are just some of the changes Frog have made to the geometry to ensure that cycling is a positive experience for younger riders. Frog Bikes works with associations, trainers, schools and councils to make cycling easily accessible and to provide children with skills for life.
Broxap Ltd. are one of the UK’s leading designers, manufacturers and installers of cycle parking.
Broxap are offering colourful parking to two winning primary schools. The winning schools will be able to pick the colour for their racks to provide fun, eye-catching parking for their pupil’s scooters and bicycles.
- one cycle rack in colour of school’s choice
- one scooter rack in colour of school’s choice
Working with Education, Local Authority, Architects and Contractors amongst others Broxap have been synonymous with cycle parking shelter, stand and rack products and installations throughout the UK for many years. A family owned business Broxap offers quality products that meet the buyer’s budget and delivers on time.
Days 3 and 7
The Sustrans Shop and Sustrans Big Pedal team are giving away a number of fantastic prizes. The Sustrans Shop provide a great range of maps, books, clothing, accessories and gift ideas for the whole family. Every purchase made on the Sustrans Shop supports Sustrans’ work to make it easier for people to walk and cycle.
- Bundle of snap bands and buttons for five schools
- Bundle of bottles, bells and buttons for three schools
- Classroom worth of Sustrans branded Neo Stars Hi-vis waistcoats for two primary schools
Sustrans Big Pedal are excited to provide one winning primary school with a class worth (35) of Sustrans Big Pedal t-shirts!
- A class worth of Sustrans Big Pedal t-shirts for one primary school
Winners: Dunblane Primary School, Barnton Community Nursery and Primary School
- A hamper of 35 helmets, bottles and bottle holders to two primary school
Winners: Hareside Primary School, Mandeville Primary School, Galston Primary School, Sneinton St Stephen’s CofE Primary School, Ysgol Bro Hyddgen
- Great bundle from the Sustrans shop of snap bands and buttons for five schools
Winners: Maulden Lower School, Parkhill Junior School
- Classroom supply (35) of Sustrans Neo Stars Hi-vis waistcoats two primary schools
Winners: Greenhaw Primary School
- 35 maroon Handlebar bags from Goodordering awarded to one school
Winners: Beechwood Primary School, Green End Primary School, Woodston primary, Donaghadee Primary School, Hywel Dda Primary School, Sudbury Primary School, Foveran School
- 1 child scooter awarded to one primary school across the UK *
Winners: Netherhall School
- 2 adult scooters to one Secondary School
Winners: Ysgol Maes Owen, Fryern Junior School
- A hamper of 35 bells, lights and bags to two primary school
Winners: Avon Valley College, Drumgor Primary School, St Laurence Catholic Primary School
- Fantastic bundle from the Sustrans shop consisting of bottles, bells and buttons for three schools
Winners: St Joseph’s Cathedral Primary School
- A class worth of Sustrans Big Pedal t-shirts for one primary only
Winners: Parsons Green Primary School, Edgar Sewter Community Primary School
- One colourful cycle or scooter rack available for two primary schools
Winners: Southfields Primary School, Peterborough, Green Hammerton Church of England Primary School, Christ Church New Malden CofE Primary School, St John’s Primary School, Crosshouse Primary School, Blackhorse Primary School, Ysgol Gymraeg Aberystwyth
- 1 child scooter awarded to one primary school in each of the 7 Sustrans regions *
Winners: Chorlton High School
- Plus 2 adults scooters to one Secondary School